GARDEN OPEN TO VISITORS ON OPEN DAYS ONLY.
2018 GARDEN OPEN DAYS:
MAY 26 SATURDAY - 27 SUNDAY
With the Garden Conservancy
Welcome to Sakonnet Garden. Dates of our Open Days varies yearly to showcase different sections of the garden in bloom.
Winter weather dependent, the 2018 the peak of bloom should just be starting in the Rhododendron Punchbowl and Azalea Hedge. Trilliums and tulips should still be going full blast (among hundreds/thousands of woodland wildflowers).
We are very fortunate that some of the Northeast’s best specialty nurseries will also have connoisseur plants available for purchase:
- Issima - (Opus Nursery and more) – new perennials and rare plants
- Broken Arrow Nursery – wonderful, hardy woody trees, shrubs
- Rare Find Nursery – new shrubs, rhododendrons, perennials
- Peckham’s Greenhouse – perennials from a local family nursery
- Avant Gardens – the best perennials and woodies
- Garden Vision Epimediums - choice perennials for shade
Fee $20. Supports Sakonnet Garden, our local wild meadow restoration and the Garden Conservancy’s Open Days program.
Location: 510 West Main Road (Route 77), Little Compton. About 5.6 miles south of traffic light at Tiverton Four Corners. Park along street.
Save the date: september 15, 2018
another stimulating Sakonnet Garden seminar
to be announced at open days
The art of gardening is one of life's great pleasures.